Monday, November 17, 2014

Lingerie Review: Victoria's Secret Lace & Satin Demi Bra and Thong with Suspenders Set

   This set is actually a bridal honeymoon set from Victoria’s Secret which was produced 5 years ago or so. The interesting thing is that both pieces were bought separately. The thong with suspenders and apron was purchased by me in 2009 in San Diego. We just moved to the US with my family, and decided to go to California to see the ocean since in my country we lived quite far from oceans and seas. I got it around the New Year sale at Victoria’s Secret store, and thong was only $5.99 (It still has a tag!).

   The matching bra in size 32A was bought from eBay only a couple of weeks ago. They found each other 5 years apart! And the set actually is claimed as a bridal honeymoon set which is understandable since the thong cannot be worn under clothes because of the apron. But who knew at that time what it was for! I’m not planning to get married or go on a honeymoon any time soon, but the set is unique and beautiful as boudoir lingerie.

The bra as I said is a size 32A and it fits perfectly. It is not a push up, but has unlined round demi cups. Because of the low cut of the bra it does not cover a lot, so part of the nipples and areolas are visible. The color of the lace is cream with the floral pattern, and the satin is light dusty greenish blue (or is it greenish silver?). Anyway it is pretty pastel!
The thong has adjustable but not detachable suspenders. Apron on the front is made of the same satin and overlaid with the lace. The lace covers slightly the butt, but no satin there. I got it in the size XS since back then I lost weight because of the stress of immigrating and was only 90lbs. But now (5 years later) it is a little bit tight on the hips.

Both the bra and the thong have button detailing on the front that make them a match and adds to their awesomeness and beauty :).
Thank you for reading!

Disclaimer: The item in the post was purchased by me with my own money. This is my honest opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is wonderful! Must read the archives and include it into my blogroll. :)

    I actually have this same exact set. TWINS. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words!
      I could not resist to get a match as soon as I've seen it :) I love the buttons! So pretty!

      Delete