Friday, January 9, 2015

Lingerie Review: Intimately Free People V-Wire Bra

The Intimately Free People V-Wire Bra in Melon in XS ($38) reminds me of Lalilouche Belle Black Grecian Tulle Bra that was featured in previous post as a lingerie wish list item. In my opinion Free People’s bra is more on a wearable and also affordable side. The satin bows of Lalilouche might not fit under the clothes, and also the sheer cups do their job of not hiding but exposing. And this makes Lalilouche more of a lounge wear for me. And I’m all about practicality and building a collection with basic pieces (with a twist). But sales and discounts always attract me :D. 

The bra has thick melon orange flower lace on front, and is lined with same color mesh on the inside. It is soft cup bra without a normal underwire, but the wire is in the center creating a deep V shaped neckline. No molded cups are here, but bra is definitely not a see through. But you can observe the shape of the nipple. Support comes from the wide elastic satin bottom band that keeps everything in place and actually feels like nothing. It is not tight or loose. When you touch it feels quite thick and strong, but it is also lightweight. The band has three hook-and-eye closures. It is just an ideal tightness boarding with the feelings “do I wear a bra?” and “can I breathe?” I mean I wore it for the whole day and didn’t get red marks from the band, but only from the V-wire. The actual wire is small. There is no enough deepness or wideness to the wire to make the bra wearable under the deep neckline dress. The straps of the bra are also adjustable. 
It is currently on sale on Free People website. There are limited quantities and colors, but you can also try to check at eBay.
Thank you!
Disclaimer: The item in the post was purchased by me with my own money. This is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment